Buy your Iberia tickets directly with Omio
When you use Omio to book your Iberia tickets, you can rest assured that you will have an easy and user-friendly experience. Omio makes it simple to look at all the timetables available, including the Iberia flight schedule, and to browse through different prices that Iberia (and other companies and travel modes) offer. In your Omio account, you can also easily view all of your past and future tickets that you have purchased, including Iberia flights.
- Booking transport with Omio allows you to access the best prices available at the time.
- Omio makes it easy for you to instantly compare different types of transportation and timetables for most routes in Europe and beyond.
- With your Omio profile, you won’t have to worry about printing your tickets, as all your reservations are on your mobile device in one space.
Founded in 1927, Iberia airlines is famous for being one of the the world's oldest airlines and for offering flights to hundreds of destinations, including most European countries as well as countries in Latin America. The company is also one of Spain's biggest airlines and offers flights between most of the country’s major cities, including flights to Barcelona and Madrid.
Iberia: Daily Flight Departures
On a daily basis, Iberia services hundreds of flights to destinations scattered across the world. The exact number of flights that are offered, as well as when the first and last flight of the day depart, varies depending on the specific route that you are interested in.
Iberia: Ticket Types
Iberia typically offers four different fare types, which are known as Basic, Optimal, Comfort and Flexible.
- Basic Iberia tickets: You get the best price available but with no added benefits.
- Optimal Iberia tickets: You get a free checked bag and can select your seat 24 hours before your flight departs.
- Comfort Iberia tickets: You get an bigger seat, as well as priority boarding.
- Flexible Iberia tickets: You can make as many changes to your reservation as you like.
Iberia Flights: Most Popular Journeys within Spain
While Iberia services flights all across the world, many of its most popular routes are within Spain. For instance, the Madrid to Barcelona Iberia flight is popular amongst customers, and this will usually take around 1h 20min on average. The Iberia route from Bilbao to Madrid is also commonly booked, and this trip normally takes around 1h 10min in total.
Popular Iberia Flights: Madrid–Barcelona
One of Iberia's most popular flight routes is from Madrid to Barcelona.
- When you book Iberia flights from Madrid to Barcelona, you can expect the journey to take you around 1h 20min.
- The first flight of the day usually departs at around 7:00 a.m., with the final flight of the day leaving at approximately 10:50 p.m.
- Your flight will normally depart from Madrid Barajas Airport. Make sure to arrive at least one and a half hours before your scheduled departure.
Iberia Flights: Bilbao–Madrid
Another common flight amongst Iberia travelers is from Bilbao to Madrid.
- The Bilbao to Madrid Iberia flight time is on average 1h 10min.
- The first flight of the day for this route normally leaves at around 6:45 a.m., with the final flight of the day departing closer to 9:35 p.m.
- For this route, you will depart from Bilbao Airport. Make sure to arrive at least one and a half hours before your scheduled departure.
Iberia Flights: Seville–Barcelona
Iberia services many flights from Seville to Barcelona.
- How long is the Iberia flight from Seville to Barcelona? Flights from Seville to Barcelona usually take around 1h 40min.
- The first departure of the day is typically at around 6:45 a.m., with the final flight of the day leaving closer to 11:00 p.m.
- Flights for this route will normally depart from Seville Airport. Make sure to arrive at least one and half hours before your scheduled departure.
Iberia Flights: Most Popular International Journeys
In addition to flights within Spain, Iberia airlines operates many popular international flight routes. For example, you can fly from Madrid to Boston, and it will normally take you around 8h 05min in total. Iberia flights between Barcelona and New York are also common and take approximately 11h on average.
Iberia Flights: Madrid–Boston
For international journeys, flights from Madrid to Boston are quite common.
- On average, flights from Madrid to Boston are a fast Iberia flight and take around 8h 05min in total.
- The first flight of the day for this route will usually leave at around 6:00 a.m., while the final flight of the day typically departs closer to 8:15 p.m.
- For this route, you will depart from Madrid Barajas Airport. Make sure to arrive at least two hours before your scheduled departure.
Iberia Flights: Barcelona–New York
Many Spanish (and international) travelers travel from Barcelona to New York.
- Flights between Barcelona and New York will typically take around 11h on average.
- The first departure of the day for this route normally is at around 11:25 a.m., while the last flight of the day usually leaves at around 11:00 p.m.
- For this route, you will leave from Barcelona El Prat Airport. Make sure to arrive at least two hours before your scheduled departure.
Iberia Flights: Los Angeles–Madrid
Another common Iberia route is flights from Los Angeles to Madrid.
- You can expect an Iberia flight from Los Angeles to Madrid to last between 17 to 19h.
- While the first flight of the day normally leaves at around 5:50 a.m., the final flight of the day leaves closer to midnight
- Your flight will depart from Los Angeles International Airport. Make sure to arrive at least two hours before your scheduled departure.
Iberia flights: Services on Board
When you fly with Iberia, you will have access to many services on board.
- For many flights, Iberia offer both Economy and Business class.
- Depending on what ticket fare you buy, you may be allowed to bring up to two checked bags with you for free. You can travel with both bikes and pets for an additional fee. Small pets can travel in the cabin but they must be in a pet carrier, while larger pets go in the luggage hold.
- All planes operated by Iberia are accessible for those with disabilities or limited mobility. Employees can also help travelers with anything they may need during their journey.
- When you purchase your ticket, you will either automatically be assigned a seat, or have the option of picking your seat, depending on what ticket fare you select.
- For most flights, Iberia has the option of purchasing light refreshments on board. For international flights, you will usually receive complimentary refreshments.
Iberia: Night Flights
For longer flights, and international journeys, you may have the option of booking a night flight through Iberia. For example, when traveling from Los Angeles to Madrid, there are several daily night flights to choose from, including one journey that departs from Los Angeles at approximately 7:55 p.m. and arrives in Madrid at around 9:00 p.m. the next day. Night flights from Buenos Aires to Madrid are also offered, with one leaving at around midnight and arriving the next day at 5:00 p.m.
Iberia: Sustainable Travel
Many major companies are taking steps to make air travel a more sustainable mode of transportation and Iberia is no exception. To help limit the negative environmental impact of its operations, Iberia has implemented certain actions, such as limiting the amount of plastic packaging it uses for its items, replacing plastic packaging with paper alternatives, and replacing plastic drinking straws with paper ones.
Iberia flights: Spanish Travel Tips
Spain is an amazing country filled with endless things to see and do. Between its mouthwatering local delicacies, beautiful architecture, and world-class museums, there is sure to never be a dull moment on your Spanish trip. Here are our top tips to help you have a successful trip. To get more in-depth inspo for your Spain adventure, take a look at our travel magazine The Window Seat.
- Go on a walk throughout the scenic Park Güell in Barcelona, full of sculptural buildings designed by famed architect, Antoni Gaudí.
- Visit the Royal Palace of Madrid, the official residence of the Spanish royal family.
- Spend some time at the impressive Picasso Museum in Barcelona.
- Wander throughout Plaza Mayor, known for being one of Madrid’s most vibrant squares.
- Witness a live show at the Palau de la Música Catalana.
Iberia Airlines: Find Cheap Tickets with Omio
If you're traveling on a budget, there are a couple of things you can do to find the cheapest Iberia tickets available on Omio.
- Book your flight as far in advance as you can, as prices tend to rise the closer it gets to your departure date.
- Try to be flexible with the date and time you will be flying, as this will help to give you more ticket choices.
- Keep in mind that flights that require a layover are usually cheaper than direct ones.
Iberia Airlines: FAQ
Where can I buy my Iberia tickets?
With Omio, you will find your ideal Iberia ticket. You can filter by price as well as search dates to find the best ticket price for your budget.
What are the different types of Iberia ticket?
Iberia offers two types of tickets,
Economy and Business. There are also several fare types, these are Basic, Optimal, Comfort and Flexible.
Do I need to print my Iberia ticket?
You do not need to print your Iberia ticket and can instead present an electronic version.
Can I cancel my Iberia flight ticket?
Depending on what fare type you've bought, you might be able to cancel your Iberia ticket for free.
Can I exchange my Iberia flight ticket?
Depending on what fare type you purchase, you may be able to change your Iberia ticket for free.
How many pieces of luggage can I check in on Iberia flights?
Your luggage allowance depends on the fare type you buy, you might be able to bring a piece of checked luggage with you for free.
What Iberia services are available for people with reduced mobility?
Employees are there to help individuals with reduced mobility with anything they may need during their travels.
Are Iberia flights adapted to persons with restricted mobility?
All planes operated by Iberia are accessible for those with reduced mobility.
Can children under 18 travel by themselves in Iberia flights?
Children under 18 can travel on their own as long as Iberia is notified ahead of time.
Can I change the name on an Iberia ticket?
Depending on what fare type you've purchased, you may be able to change the name on your ticket for free.
Do I need a COVID test to travel with Iberia?
Needing a COVID test and/or proof of vaccination to travel depends on your destination.
Do Iberia flights have special services during their long-haul journeys?
Many flights operated by Iberia offer free media for travelers, including movies and TV shows.
A beautiful space in Central Park, with a bridge and some people on a boat. New York. Source: Shutterstock