Flixtrain tickets can be purchased with Omio
Flixtrain provides service between destinations in both Germany and Sweden. These train journeys are fast, comfortable, and easy for travelers. This environmentally friendly company also offers many services to passengers onboard. German rail tickets from Flixtrain are available for purchase directly from the Omio website or through the Omio app.
Flixtrain Mom. Source: Shutterstock
Flixtrain company information
Flixtrain is a company based in Munich, Germany and is an expansion of the Flixbus line. Flixtrain, launched in March 2018, holds its trains to the highest safety and environmental standards. Flixtrain now offers several routes in Europe between major cities in both Germany and Sweden. Offering both high-speed and long-distance connections, Flixtrain has received soaring customer satisfaction rankings ever since its launch. Both affordable and comfortable, Flixtrain is now one of the major rail providers in its cities of operation.
Flixtrain Stations and Destinations
Flixtrain tickets are available between many major destinations in both Germany and Sweden. One of the most popular Flixtrain routes is Stuttgart to Berlin and back. Along this route, there are stops in Hanover, Frankfurt, Kassel, and a few other German cities. Flixtrain also operates from Hamburg to Cologne, with stops in Dusseldorf, Muenster, Osnabruck, and a few other cities as well. In Sweden, Flixtrain has a route from Stockholm to Gothenburg and back, with several stops along the way.
Popular routes with Flixtrain
Hands down, the most popular routes with Flixtrain are Hamburg to Cologne and Stuttgart to Berlin. There are many stops on both routes. When traveling from Hamburg to Cologne and back, there are stops along the way at Osnabruck, Muenster, Gelsenkirchen, Essen, Duisburg, and Düsseldorf. On the route from Stuttgart to Berlin, there are stops in Heidelberg, Frankfurt, Weinheim, Fulda, Kassel, Hannover, Hanau, and more. Each of these routes run once a day. Flixtrain has taken over the former Locomore route from Stuttgart to Berlin and the former Hamburg-Cologne Express route. In Sweden, the most popular route is Gothenburg to Stockholm and back, with several stops along the way.
Flixtrain offers and fares
Flixtrain offers low-cost fares for both long-distance and high-speed journeys on all their train routes. However, there are no options to choose between classes. When you book your ticket, you will be able to reserve a seat free of charge if you’d like, but there is only one class available on all train journeys. However, there are amenities onboard the trains for all passengers. Free Wi-Fi is available onboard all trains for the duration of the journey, and each seat has a power outlet for you to charge your devices. There is also a snack bar where you can buy food and refreshments during the journey.
Flixtrain Family. Source: Shutterstock
Flixtrain train types
Flixtrain trains are comfortable, stylish, and affordable. Flixtrain is also unique in its commitment to using renewable energy, providing a sustainable way to travel by train. Their green trains are spacious and luxurious, so you can enjoy all the amenities they have to offer during your journey. Flixtrain offers both long-distance and high-speed train connections across Germany and Sweden. Flixtrain also partners with local providers, so be sure to check who your train is operated by before your journey.
Flixtrain Boy. Source: Shutterstock
You can print your ticket directly from this email confirmation after you’ve paid for your ticket with your voucher.
- Flixtrain offers a number of services for passengers with reduced mobility.You will need to register your need for assistance with Flixtrain when booking your ticket, or at least 7 days prior to your departure date, so that they are prepared to help. If you travel with a wheelchair or walking aids, you can reserve space onboard the train for these items. You can also request assistance getting around the train station at both the departure and arrival stations.
- There is plenty of space for luggage onboard Flixtrain trains. Each passenger’s ticket includes one free carry-on bag with a maximum weight of 15 lbs (7 kg) and a checked bag with a maximum weight of 45 lbs (20 kg). The carry-on bag can be stored beneath your seat or in the overhead compartment of the train. The checked bag can be stored on the luggage rack in each car or under your seat. Each passenger is also allowed to bring one additional piece of luggage for a small fee, but you must book the space for your extra luggage when you book your ticket. Reserve the extra luggage space as early as possible, as it can run out. All Flixtrain trains allow bikes onboard as long as they weight no more than 45 lbs (20 kg). You must reserve the storage space for your bike in advance, and there is a nominal additional fee.
- There are a number of services for passengers onboard Flixtrain trains. All services are available to all passengers because there are no class distinctions. Bathrooms are available in each train car. There is a snack bar where you can purchase food and refreshments during the trip. All passengers have access to free Wi-Fi for the duration of the journey, and each seat has power outlets so you can charge your electronic devices during the trip.
- On Flixtrain trains in Sweden, no pets are allowed onboard, with the exception of service animals. In this case, you must register the animal in advance and present an official certificate. In Germany, you can take small pets onboard the train free of charge. If your pet is small—up to the size of a house cat—it must fit in a suitable container that can be stored at your seat. Larger pets that don’t fit in a carrier must be leashed and muzzled for the entire train journey, and you must also buy a child’s ticket for a pet of this size.
- A Flixtrain train can be delayed for a number of different reasons, including technical reasons, weather, and issues with the tracks on the selected route.
- If your train is canceled, Flixtrain will automatically rebook you on the next available train to your destination. Contact our customer service department for more information.
- If your train is late, you will be notified via text message, and you can check the status of your train online or in the app. If you are notified of a delay, you will still make the train as long as you are at the departure platform 15 minutes before the new departure time.
- Unfortunately, children under the age of 12 cannot travel for free at this time. You can book a children’s ticket for a discounted price.
- Flixtrain offers group reservations, but they will need to be booked at least 7 days before departure. Each group member is able to choose their own seats within the reserved block of seats for your group.