The Omio Referral Programme allows Omio Members (“Omio Member”) to receive a €10 Omio travel credit (“Travel Credit”) by referring Omio to a third party or as a Omio member to whom Omio was referred.
In order to participate in the programme, Omio Members must agree to these Referral Programme Terms and Conditions, which form part of the general Omio Terms and Conditions. Capitalized terms that are not defined should be apportioned the same meaning as defined in the general Terms and Conditions
Throughout this document, the following definitions apply:
- "Referral Link" refers to a unique shared URL.
- "The Referrer" refers to a user of the Omio service who shared a Referral Link.
- "The Referred" refers to a person who visits Omio by clicking a Referral Link.
How to receive a Omio Member €10 Omio Travel Credit?
Omio Members can receive €10 as Omio Travel credit if:
- The Referrer has a verified Omio Account. To verify a Omio member account, the Referrer must (i) create an account and (ii) verify his/her phone number by supplying his/her mobile phone number to Omio to receive an SMS verification code and then enter this code into the appropriate field on our Website or App.
- The Referred receives €10 as Omio Travel credit upon:
- creating a verified user account by clicking on a Referral Link; or
- creating a verified user account and then adding the Referrer’s code into the “Invite a Omio Member friends” section in My Account.
- (3) A Referrer receives €10 as Omio Travel Credit upon:
- Inviting a third-party to Omio and,
- after the Referred makes a booking with Omio following the steps as set out below and,
- completes that same journey.
Redeeming Omio Travel Credits
- Omio Travel Credits may only be redeemed via the Omio Platform. Once earned, Omio Travel Credits must be redeemed within one year from the date of issue, after which they will automatically expire.
- Omio Travel Credits are coupons issued for promotional purposes only; they have no cash value and may not be transferred or exchanged for cash. Only one Referral Link per user may be used. Omio Travel Credits earned from the Referral Programme cannot be cumulated with any other promotions or offers; for example, marketing vouchers. Omio Travel Credits cannot be redeemed for Deutsche Bahn train tickets or for tickets purchased offsite using external third-parties.
- To redeem Omio Travel Credit, the minimum basket price cannot be less than 40 Euros, excluding any fees, service charges or taxes. If the basket price is below 40 Euros, the Omio Travel Credits cannot be redeemed.
- For technical reasons, if the amount of Travel Credits is equal to or higher than the basket price, at least 1 Euro must remain as Travel Credit on the account in order for the transaction to be carried out.
- Omio Travel Credits may not be earned if the Referrer and the Referred are the same person or if that person has created multiple Omio Accounts. Omio Travel Credits accrued in separate Omio accounts may not be combined into one Omio account.
- The maximum amount of Travel Credit a user can cumulate from the Referral Programme is €1000.
- The value of Omio Travel Credits is subject to currency fluctuation and/or currency exchange rates*.
- If for any reason a Omio Member believes there is a discrepancy regarding their Omio Travel Credit balance, they can contact Omio via //help.omio.com. Omio may require a Omio Member to submit additional information in order to assist in correctly determining a Omio Member account balance. All decisions regarding a Omio Member’s Travel Credit balance will be final and at the sole discretion of Omio.
- Omio Members are responsible for any and all tax liabilities that may arise from the redemption or use of Omio Travel Credits. Where applicable, Omio may be required to account for VAT on any services upon which the Omio Travel Credits were redeemed.
Sharing Referral Links
Referral Links should only be used for personal and non-commercial purposes, and should only be shared with personal connections who would appreciate receiving these invitations. Referral Links should not be published or distributed where there is no reasonable basis for believing that all or most of the recipients are personal friends; for example, on coupon Websites or with services such as Reddit.
A Referred may only use one Referral Link. If a Referred receives Referral Links from multiple Referrers, only the corresponding Referrer used by the Referred for their first purchase via the Omio booking engine will be eligible for Referred Travel Credit in the Referral Programme.
If any provision in these terms are held to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, such provision or the part of it that is making it invalid, void or unenforceable, will be struck and not affect the validity of and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Termination and Changes
Omio may suspend or terminate the Referral Programme or a user’s ability to participate in the Referral Programme at any time and for any reason.
We reserve the right to suspend participation or eligibility to receive Travel Credit if We have reason to believe that participants are acting in a disingenuous, abusive, or fraudulent manner of if said participants are in violation of the general Omio Terms and Conditions and/or these Referral Programme Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to review and investigate all Referral Programme activity and to suspend participation or modify referrals at our sole discretion as deemed fair and appropriate.
If We modify these Terms, We will post the modification on the Omio Website, applications, or services, which will then become effective upon posting.
Applicable Law and jurisdiction
German law applies in respect of all legal disputes arising in connection with these Programme Terms, under exclusion of the UN Sales Convention – Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). Mandatory provisions of laws of the place where the user has their habitual residence remain unaffected.
Exclusive jurisdiction is in Berlin, Germany if the user is a merchant, legal entity under public law, or public law special fund. This also applies if the member has no general jurisdiction in Germany, the member moves their domicile or habitual residence from Germany or if the domicile or habitual residence is not known.
* A referral’s local currency equivalent credit amount will be calculated using a system-wide rate, known as the base exchange rate. This rate is used for currency conversion using data from one or more third parties. We regularly update the base exchange rate, it may not, however, be identical to the real-time market rate.