Last updated on Thursday, 9th Sept. 2021
The Omio Referral Program allows Omio Members (“Omio Member”) to receive Refer a Friend credit (“Refer a Friend”) by referring Omio to a third party or as an Omio member to whom Omio was referred.
In order to participate in the program, Omio Members must agree to these terms, which become part of the general Omio Terms and Conditions. Capitalized terms that are not defined should be apportioned the same meaning as defined in the general Terms and Conditions.
Throughout this document, the following definitions apply:
- "Referral Link" refers to a unique shared URL.
- "The Referrer" refers to a user of the Omio service who shared a Referral Link.
- "The Referred" refers to a person who visits Omio by clicking a Referral Link.
How to earn Omio Refer a Friend credit?
Omio Members can receive referral credit if:
- The Referrer has a verified Omio Account that complies with the General Omio Terms and Conditions. To verify an Omio member account, the Referrer must (i) create an account and (ii) verify his/her phone number by supplying his/her mobile phone number to Omio to receive an SMS verification code and then enter this code into the appropriate field on our Website or App.
- The Referred will be credited with the credit amount(s) specified in the referral invitation or accompanying promotional materials, upon:
- creating a verified user account by clicking on a Referral Link; or
- creating a verified user account and then adding the Referrer’s code into the “Invite an Omio Member friend” section in My Account.
- A Referrer will be credited with the credit amount specified in the referral invitation or accompanying promotional materials, upon:
- inviting a third-party to Omio and,
- after the Referred makes a booking with Omio following the steps as set out below and,
- completes that same journey.
How to redeem Omio Refer a Friend credit?
- Refer a Friend credit may only be redeemed for bookings booked and paid via the Omio Platform. Once earned, credits will appear on the referring Member’s checkout page.
- Refer a Friend credit must be redeemed within one (1) year from the date of issue, after which it will automatically expire.
- To redeem Refer a Friend credit, a booking must have the minimum total basket price (excluding any service fees or taxes) as indicated in the referral invitation, in the promotional materials, on the Omio Platform and/or on the Refer a Friend section of the Omio Member Account. If the basket price is below the minimum indicated amount, Refer a Friend credit cannot be redeemed. Note that this total basket price may change based on currency fluctuations. No credit will be earned if the booking made by the Referred is cancelled at any time.
- Refer a Friend credit earned from the Referral Program cannot be cumulated with any other promotions or offers; for example, marketing vouchers. Refer a Friend credit cannot be redeemed for tickets purchased offsite using external third-parties or for certain providers that have been integrated directly into Our Services such as Deutsche Bahn or Amtrak, among others.
- For technical reasons, if the amount of credit is equal to or higher than the basket price, at least one (1) Euro must remain as Refer a Friend credit on the account in order for the transaction to be carried out.
- Refer a Friend credit may not be earned if the Referrer and the Referred are the same person or if that person has created multiple Omio Accounts. Refer a Friend credit accrued in separate Omio accounts may not be combined into one Omio account.
- The maximum amount of Refer a Friend credit a user can cumulate from the Referral Program is €1,000.- (or its local equivalent* if we support it), unless indicated otherwise.
- The value of Refer a Friend credit is subject to currency fluctuation and/or currency exchange rates*.
- If for any reason an Omio Member believes there is a discrepancy regarding their Refer a Friend credit balance, they can contact Omio via //help.omio.com. Omio may require an Omio Member to submit additional information in order to assist in correctly determining an Omio Member account balance. All decisions regarding an Omio Member’s credit balance will be final and at the sole discretion of Omio.
- Refer a Friend credit are coupons issued for promotional purposes only; they have no cash value and may not be transferred or exchanged for cash.
- Omio Members are responsible for any and all tax liabilities that may arise from the redemption or use of Refer a Friend. Where applicable, Omio may be required to account for VAT on any services for which the credit is redeemed.
Sharing Referral Links
Referral Links should only be used for personal and non-commercial purposes and should only be shared with personal connections who would appreciate receiving these invitations. Referral Links should not be published or distributed where there is no reasonable basis for believing that all or most of the recipients are personal friends; for example, on coupon Websites or with services such as Wikipedia. Referrers are prohibited from spamming anyone with referral invitations. This includes mass emailing, texting or messaging people you do not know or using automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute a Referral Link. Referrers are prohibited from paying to advertize their Referral Links.
A Referred may only use one Referral Link. If a Referred receives Referral Links from multiple Referrers, only the corresponding Referrer used by the Referred for their first purchase via the Omio Platform will be eligible for Referred credits in the Referral Program.
If any provision in these terms are held to be invalid, non-binding, or unenforceable, such provision or the part of it that is making it invalid, non-binding or unenforceable, will be struck and not affect the validity of and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Termination and Changes
Omio may suspend or terminate the Referral Program or a user’s ability to participate in the Referral Program at any time and for any reason.
We reserve the right to suspend participation or eligibility to receive Refer a Friend credit if we have reasons to believe that participants are acting in a disingenuous, abusive, or fraudulent manner of if said participants are in violation of the general Omio Terms and Conditions and/or these Referral Program Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to review and investigate all Referral Program activity and to suspend participation or modify referrals at our sole discretion as deemed fair and appropriate. Refer a Friend credit earned through fraudulent activities or activities in violation of the Omio Referral Program Terms will be null and void and repayment may be requested by Omio.
We can update these terms at any time without prior notice. If we modify these Terms, we will post the modification on Omio website, applications, or services, which are effective upon posting. Continued participation in the Referral Program after any modification shall constitute consent to such modification.
The scope, variety, and type of services and products you may obtain by redeeming Refer a Friend credit can change at any time.
* A referral’s local currency equivalent credit amount will be calculated using a system-wide rate, known as the base exchange rate. This rate is used for currency conversion using data from one or more third parties. We regularly update the base exchange rate, it may not, however, be identical to the real-time market rate.